What is Odyssey of the Mind?
Odyssey of the Mind is a creative problem-solving competition for the students of all ages. Teams of students select a problem,create a solution, then present their solution in a competition against other teams in the same problem and division.
* Students work in teams of up to seven members under the guidance of an adult coach.
* Teams spend weeks or months, at their own pace, creating solutions to long-term problems.
* Team members come up with all the ideas for their solution and do all the work themselves.
* Teams work within the cost limit stated in the problem.
* Teams have 8 minutes to present their long-term problem solution in competition.
* Teams are scored for meeting the requirements of the problem and for creativity in categories specifics to each problem.
* At the competition teams are presented a spontaneous problem to solve on site.
* A team's standing in competition is determined by its combined Long-Term score, Style score, and Spontaneous score.